Sunday, May 26, 2013

New Place, New Beginnings

So, I'm in Wyoming.

I can tell you I thought it was going to take forever for me to actually write those words. Even Friday it was amazingly ridiculous. I woke up in Florida at 5 a.m. to go to my plane at 8:15. The more unfortunate thing about that (other than the hour) was that I had a delay on my flight. That did not help things too much. You see when I booked my flight there was about an hour in between me landing in Denver and then me flying into Casper. Well, since my flight got delayed in Tampa that very quickly got taken down to about 15 min. Anyways, long story short, I missed my first flight to Casper and spent five hours in the Denver airport. That wasn't too bad. just a long time.

Well, eventually, I did make it to Casper, Wy. It took an entire day of flying and traveling, but I made it. It wasn't flawless, it wasn't pretty, but the important thing was that I made it.

I was greeted by my host family, whom I will (for now) leave nameless for their sake, with a nice sign with DREW written on it just waiting for me to get there and to start to get ready. While waiting for luggage we had our first meetings and greetings and I have to say that I had already thought that they were absolutely great. Displaying such courage and faith in God to leap into just accepting me, a college kid that they have never met, to live in their home.

Waiting for luggage got to be kind of weird as we found out very quickly that my luggage was still in Denver. Yepp. First time flying alone and my luggage was lost. A bummer, but a blessing. You see this way I immediately got to be humble. I knew right then and there that it was God calling me to be humble. Waaaaaay before anything could start I had to be humble. In ways that are not always easy. Accepting gifts of borrowed clothing, a cheapo toothbrush from walmart, and already a great time of laughing off the attacks of what could have brought me down.

What a great way to enter. Not sure I ever thought I would say that, but there it is!

Past that I was super blessed to be able to meet my fellow interns and actually start a work project on day one. I and a now friend painted about 10 doors. Super crazy, but absolutely God ordained. Great conversation happened and we brought the presence of God somewhere it was absolutely needed. It was a great time.

My first Sunday today was absolutely amazing. The message brought by the youth pastor that I will be with here spoke and brought a very highly called and received message of surrender and letting go. So amazing and exactly what I needed to get jump started. My spirit full and weight lifted right from the get go we were able to meet and hang out with some of our students. Some great kids with great spirit and awesome personality. I can already tell that God is going to be blessing us a lot with them. I have a lot to learn and a lot of room to grow with these kids. They are wonderful and I can not wait to see what God produces in and through them. It will truly be something to be seen.

A new place, a new beginning, and new ways to spread and see our Father. God absolutely blessed my coming to Wyoming and I absolutely can not wait to see what is next. I will definitely write when it does though.

Thanks for reading, praying, and really just being here. Please, continue to pray and seek God in what He is doing here and for now enjoy this picture of the beautiful view that I get to see from my back yard.



No comments:

Post a Comment