Thursday, April 25, 2013

Prayer Matters

Prayer matters.

That's a funny statement isn't it? I'm sure that you readthat you automatically agreed and on anyday would. That is great and really it is a huge blessing that most of us were brought up to sit around a table every meal and pray before we eat. Even though it has become more of ritual for moat of us out here in the west; it doesn't take long to see the beauty in literally thanking God for every meal. Because truly every single meal we eat is a blessing. Every single one.

I say that because I don't want you to missread this next part. That kind of prayer is absolutely good and really does help. It makes you literally stop and put God in front of your food. Reminding you of His presence, but that's not the kind of prayer I am talking about.

When was the last time you sat down before your meal and intensly prayed for something, someone, someplace, or really legitimately asked for God to do something?

These last few months have really grown my prayer life. Tones of new things have been going on and God has blessed me with so much, but I know that prayer has been a huge factor in a lot of my decisions and God has answered in a lot of really awesome ways.

As you may remember reading that I have been praying about an internship and really asking God where I should go. Well, he answered. I applied for a youth ministry internship that could have sent me one of three places. One in Wyoming, one in California, and another here in Florida. I had been praying and listening and discerning this for a good bit and for some reason I had really been feeling that I should go to Wyoming. That's why it was on the top of my list. I had no clue and still don't know why exactly Wyoming, but I was sure that I would be spending my summer in Wyoming.

Well, about a week and a half of discernment, an interview, and a little more discerning I found out that I got the position!

It didn't stop there though. God kept answering prayers. I needed a vehicle to drive while I'm there so I wouldn't have to sell my truck. God provided that. My girlfriend needed something to drive while I will be gone. God provided that. I stillness a flight, but God is already working His way into that.

God has provided so much and has come through with so much past months. It would be hard for me to believe that all this happened by chance.

" even you father's, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much better does our heavenly father give to those who ask? "

Key word. Ask. Pray big bold prayers! Nothing is too big for Him! If you believe God created this entire universe in 6 days, don't you think He can help you with what you need or want to see? I dare you to pray for your city to turn and follow Jesus! How about even bigger? Our country? Slavery? Human trafficing? All addictions? Racism? You name it. Go for it. Be a part of itcoming to be. Dream big dreams. He will finish what he started in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment