Sunday, March 3, 2013

The kingdom lives

So, this is a story all about how my life.....

Jk. That would be cool, but I don't think I can pull a Will Smith. (Not on this one anyway). To be honest, I kind of had to pick this name out of necessity. All the other "good" names had been taken. I am someone who is really interested in the Greek language. Especially because of the bible. Although I am part greek. My name is Drew. That is short for Andrew. (just in case you didn't know). Andrew comes from the greek word andros which is an island in Greece that was for training warriors which in turn means warrior. God has really given me a lot of purpose through this name and made me a kingdom warrior. So, for all of you that have that as your blog name. Thanks for crushing all of my dreams. Don't worry though. I will survive because God really gave me a new and better name for my blog. The Kingdom Lives. The kingdom lives is a big statement and it is so true. Every day God moves in different and new ways that sometimes we get to see and sometimes we don't. I want to write about the moments that I get to see and be a part of. And trust me. That is probably going to be a lot. I am very fortunate to have a great community of ministry friends around me and that God uses me in a lot of different places and ways. Some of them are still coming to be and some are getting ready to pass, but I can assure you that He is surely not done with me and He is not done growing His kingdom.

Just a bit more about me is that I am currently a student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg and I am a part of a couple of ministries. On campus I lead a bible study with and I am a part of the core group of Intervarsity Cristian Fellowship. Currently we have 3 bible studies all with 2-3 leaders and 2-3 people training to be a leader. None of the bible studies are the same. We all do things differently according to what we feel God wants us to say to our group. I am a sophmore and have lead since my freshmen year. This bible study that I am leading this semester is the 4th one that I have had the opportunity to lead. Our intervarsity chapter is a smaller part of our bigger community that is a group of people hooked into our church, the Underground Network (tampaunderground.net). The Underground is a giant network church out of Tampa that is comprised of around 80 house church ministries that are all over Tampa and St. Pete. Our community is comprised of about 20-30 people that all live in intentional house communities in south side St. Pete. There are 4 girls houses and one guys house. Within the houses we work a ministry that we started to tutor and mentor kids in the south side. So, in other words, I have a lot of ties to the kingdom in the greater Tampa bay area and God is doing a lot. Trust me.  And there is more. If you stick around I am sure that you will hear more. This is going to be a wild ride.

Gods peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment