Saturday, March 9, 2013

Obedience matters

So, for these past couple of years I have been trying to dig into my spiritual listening ears. A lot of people say that they feel like God has been trying to say something. Me, I can hear Him. Yea. I know. That sounds pretty crazy and I am sure that there are people that woulda tell me that I have multiple personality disorder, but I would tell them that the sequence of my life would say otherwise. Especially since I have been following His voice. Trust me when I say that I don't always hear correctly and that my humanity gets in the way and I sometimes tell God no. The past 6 months have been a big growth period. God has really shown me a lot. When God first gave me this gift He spoke in music. I've played guitar for 10 years and I think in music a lot, but He would put songs in my head. Even specific parts that he made clear that spoke into the situation that I was in. When I told my friend about this he commented that I was the Christian equivalent of Bumble Bee, the camaro from Transformers. I laughed and agreed that his comment made perfect sense and was kind of true.

God has slowly developed me into a new kind of hearing and is still developing a trype of hearing where I can audibly hear him speak through my thoughts. "He thinks thoughts toward you". This has been interesting and has made listening to Him even more interesting and effective. His words have not only become a hideaway and a hiatus from work and school, but they have also brought life to my relationships with my girlfriend, my friends, and my family.

Lately I have been given a lot of direction. For future and for now. For the future God has called me away from my place in st.pete. as unfortunate and sad this is for what is here and what I have here in in the kingdom I am excited for what He is doing in my life. God has called me to a new school. Warner university will be my next school. This school is basically polar opposite from what is here in st.pete. It is literally in the middle of no where Lake Wales, Florida. Not exactly ideal in thought for someone who has been doing urbanized ministry for the past two years. All I know is that God has called people to many crazier situations. I don't know why God is calling me there, but I know what I have heard. I have been called to rise up a generation. How does warner fit in to all this? I'm not sure. I just know that the puzzle would look a lot different.

For now. God is telling me to wait. Wait for what specifically? I'm not sure, but he wants me to wait for Him to work. For now, you can find me doing ministry in st.pete and waiting for God's next move.

Ie. The kingdom lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment